Success Academy is designed to prepare students who want to participate low grade competitive examinations, strengthen their English and analytical ability and to provide them with computer education so that they can have a better chance of getting a job.
Success Academy will assign a mentor for every three children. This mentor will guide, support and motivate the students and seek to develop hidden talents and entrepreneurship.
Once a year Success Academy will celebrate a Success Day where each mentor group can display their project prototype or present their idea that promotes innovation and reflects entrepreneurship.
There are several studies that indicate a wide gap between rural and urban education. For instance, in rural areas people earn daily wages for their livelihood, and education is secondary for them.
The way of teaching also differs in urban schools. While the teaching methodology in rural schools is still primitive, the urban schools are keen on adopting modern ways of teaching like concept learning and focusing on the development of each student.
The real problem arises when these students go to competitive job examinations. Even for the low-paying jobs they often fail. A ripple effect happens. After seeing older students fail to succeed, younger students lose hope and drop out of school.
Locations for 2020
- One in Nepal
- One in Uttar Pradesh
- One in Bihar
- One in Chhattisgarh
- One in Assam
Total: 5 Locations
Boys or girls who have completed their 1oth grade and are interested in competitive examination with their studies are eligible. Due to our limited resources, we have identified only 10 candidates to be enrolled under this program at this time.
What We Are Providing
- 60 hours English Prep (90 minutes session once a week)
- 60 hours Reasoning Prep (90 minutes session once a week)
- 40 hours General Knowledge Sharing Session (60 minutes session once a week)
- 40 hours Computer Theory (60 minutes session once a week)
- 5 books on MS Office to share
- Competitive exam guidebooks
- 2 hours of dedicated computer practice time per week.
- Mentor (for three students maximum)
- Guide books and computer books: $150
- Blackboard and teaching supplies: $100
- Tuition fees for teachers: $1,400
- Success Academy day (Prototype and Ideas to display): $250
- Place rental: $150
- Computer center rental: $350
Total: $2,400 Per location
Total funds needed $12,000 for 5 locations
Rajeev Kumar – 91-99278 89109 or email: successAcademy@beeducated.org