In general, good score in Highschool usually determines how career will shape. Our goal is to provide all the resources to ensure they all appear in examination well prepared and excel. While preparing for examination we also help them discover , enhance their skills and hobbies. We provide a day health camp by a female physician, who teaches about female health and hygiene topics, and answer health related questions.
This program runs across academic session from May through February. And it may get renewed at same location based on the academic performance. In 2019 we expanded this program at following locations: Madhya Pradesh, Uttarpradesh, Assam, Chattishghar and two in Nepal Libraries, and have successfully completed the sessions.
Why do we need it ?
The 2011 census showed the male literacy rate to be 82.14% while for females it lags at 65.46%. The situation in rural areas and with the underprivileged community is more gruesome in the state. The girl children are more likely to continue their primary education; however, at the secondary level of education, girls tend to drop out at a higher rate than boys. There are innumerable factors associated with this unfortunate situation.
In Rajkot city of Gujarat there is a center hosts around 55 girls from all over Gujarat’s remote villages from the age 8 -18. These girls were deprived of their fundamental rights of education, and due to ultra-poverty, their parents couldn’t afford to feed them properly. These selected girls are living in this center without bearing any cost by themselves or from their family. The project ‘Future Girlz’ was initiated in 2018 as a pilot project at this center, Mainly focusing on excelling Girl’s education and to provide a path forward to their career and goal.
Locations for 2020
- 2 Locations in Nepal
- 1 in Gujrat
- 2 in Uttarpradesh (1 New Location for 2020)
- 2 in Madhya Pradesh (1 New Location for 2020)
- 1 in Chattishghar
- 1 in Andhra Pradesh (New Location for 2020)
Total: 10 Locations
We have selected those girls who have completed their IX grade and going to be in Class X. Due to our limited resources, we have identified only 15 – 20 girls to be enrolled under this program at this time.
What are we providing:
- 120 Hours Math Prep (90 minutes session twice a week)
- 120 Hours English Prep (90 minutes session twice a week)
- 60 Hours Science Prep (90 minutes session once a week)
- 60 Hours Computer Theory (90 minutes session once a week)
- 5 Computer books on MS office to share
- Guidebooks for Math, Science and English subjects to each girl
- 2 hours of dedicated computer practice time per week.
- 1 day Health Camp – Lady Doctor on visit
- Workbook and computer books: $200
- Blackboard and teaching supplies: $100
- Tuition Fees for teachers: $1,300
- Summer Art and craft classes and supplies: $100
- Girls empowerment day celebration: $150
- Day Camp: $100
- Place Rental: $150
Total $2100 Per location
Total Fund Needed $21,000 for 10 locations
Toolika Garg – 91-8375065167 or mail @ email@example.com