The goal of the Covid-19 Rehabilitation project is to ensure the continuation of education to the children orphaned or children of single mothers who are left behind owing to the pandemic; and to provide them with Counseling, Guidance and Educational Aid during these vulnerable times.
Across India children were orphaned, either by lost parents or were abandoned as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. It’s impossible to know the exact number of affected kids. The NCPCR reports that 26,176 children have lost parent(s), 3,621 have become orphans, and 274 have been abandoned. This project is/was developed to help such children and such pandemic affected families.
Below are few instances of such cases:
The story of Seema Gautam from Lucknow is no different. Her husband worked as a plumber and sadly, he passed away in 2020 because of COVID-19. Responsibility of three children between 5 to 12 of age and a big loan to pay, that was spent on her husband’s treatment lies on Seema’s shoulders. Having not worked before, her life turned upside down. To support her family she began to work as a maid. Her earnings are not enough to support kids , their education offers a bright future to them.
The story of single mother Anjali Santosh Lodhe from Pune. She was married in 2008 to her husband who worked as a watchman. Unfortunately, her husband passed away in April 2020 leaving the responsibility of three kids on her (age between 3-6). She was working as a maid servant but during the pandemic people refused her work. She was emotionally and financially distressed. She is feeding her kids with whatever little help she is getting from society.
Those are just few examples, there are many children and families are going through this situation after this pandemic. Future of those affected children are in jeopardy.
Be Educated has developed a noble initiative to help these children to send them back to school. Be Educated has come across over 20 such families in various states of India and will continue searching and scrutinizing who are in need of help and make sure the future of these unfortunate children do not get ruined. COVID-19 Rehab Program will give mobility to their education and a hope in life. In Phase-1 our plan is to help such 100 children across India.
What Be Educated will do
- Counselling to cope up with the anxiety and fear of devastation.
- To provide the best education, to secure the future of children.
- To provide skill-based training to grownup children for self sustained living.
- To build/re-build and boost childrens’ confidence.
- Support 100 children in Phase 1.
- Creating a Blueprint for their Success.
Where We will Spend
- Uniform, Book and Stationary
- Tuition/School Fees (full or partial)
- Vocational Training for Grown up children
- Scholarship on passing of Academic year (To motivate them)
Expenses for 2021
- $250 to each child.
- Total $25000 for 100 children in Phase 1
Families been reviewed under this initiative
- Kalpana needs support for her two kids
- Savita needs your help for her child’s education
- Mamta needs your help to secure her children’s future
- Sunanda needs support for her two girls
- Mamta Diwakar needs your help for her children
- Poonam needs your support for her daughter
- Radha needs support for her Son’s Education
- Seema Needs Support for her three Kids
- Anjali Needs Support for her two Children
Toolika Garg – +91 8375065167 or email: email@example.com